Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've had this recipe forever -- no idea where it came from. It sure is yummy though. The original recipe called for adding in 1/4 cup chopped pecans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, beating just until blended.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; stir until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9-inch square baking pan and bake 30 minutes (or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean) at 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into powdered sugar/cocoa and add in vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk to make frosting smooth.
- Frost brownies and enjoy!