Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure if I got this recipe from a calendar or a coupon booklet, but I have tried these and they are good.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Heat oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease rectangular pan, 13"x9"x2" (33cm x 23cm x 5cm).
- Heat unsweetened chocolate and shortening in a 3 quart (3.0 L) saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat; mix in sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except candies. Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with candies; press lightly.
- Bake until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan, about 30 minutes. (Do not overbake!).
- Cool completely; cut into bars.