Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Two kinds of chocolate will lure you to try these rich brownies. From Southern Living.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- Add cocoa and vanilla; beat at low speed 1 minute or until blended. Gradually add flour, beating well.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut brownies into squares.