Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came with my Black and Decker bread machine.
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Follow instructions for your bread machine.
- My machine instructs to measure buttermilk, beaten egg, margarine, sugar, salt, flour, cocoa, and yeast in the order listed into baking pan. (I mix buttermilk and egg and microwave on high for about 30 seconds before putting in pan.).
- Insert baking pan into oven chamber and secure pan.
- Select sweet bread setting and 2 pound loaf.
- Add chocolate chips when "add ingredient" signal sounds.
- When cycle ends, I put loaf into a large zip lock bag, seal, and place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- NOTE: Mini chocolate chips will give a solid chocolate color, while larger chips may result in a marbled texture.