Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
All of my favorite flavors and textures in one deliciously crispy cookie.
- 1 cup raw whole almond
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325*F Place almonds in a small baking dish and place in the oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside and reduce the oven temperature to 300*F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the cocoa powder.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter and mix until combined.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with butter and dust with flour, tapping off any excess.
- Divide the dough into quarters and shape into 2 inch wide by 1 inch high loaves.
- Arrange two loaves on each pan, at least 4 inches away from each other.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until they begin to brown and crack on the top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices, using a serrated knife.
- Spread the slices on the baking sheet and return to the oven, baking until they are lightly brown and dry, about 10 minutes longer.