Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Yet another biscotti recipe...this one has hazelnuts in it!! From Four Star Desserts. Times are a guesstimate.
Top Review by p_raple
I made this recipe using exact measurements and the dough was so wet and sticky, it would never have made a log that would hold its form. I used 2 1/2 cups flour instead of amount used in recipe. I switched almond slices for hazelnuts and add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in addition to the vanilla. I also had to bake the biscotti for 30-minutes on the second bake.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skinned and toasted
- 7 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs and the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, coffee granules, chocolate chips and hazelnuts in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- With the paddle attachment, slowly add the egg mixture on low speed. Mix just until the dough comes together.
- With your hands, scrape any dry ingredients from the bottom of the bowl and mix them into the dough.
- On a lightly floured board, roll the dough into 2 logs, each about 12 inches long. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until side are firm and the tops are cracked and no longer wet looking, about 20 minute Cool to room temperature.
- Decrease oven temperature to 300ºF.
- Cut the logs inot slices 3/4-inch thick.
- Place them, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and firm, about 25 minute.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Whisk until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread some white chocolate on a cut side of each biscotti.
- Place the biscotti, white chocolate side down, on the baking tray. Let chocolate harden. (If it doesn't want to harden, place baking sheet in fridge for about 30 min -- this will do the trick.).