Recipe by Me & Mr. Jones
These bars are perfect for when your next chocolate craving hits! Totally addictive! From TOH Quick Cooking '99. (I've made these with the Mint Oreos and mint chocolate chips, and they are heavenly!)
Top Review by Sweet Irene
These bars are absolutely a chocolate lover's delight! I have been making these for over 30 years but my recipe differs slightly. This is how I make mine: I use 24 oz. Oreos. Crush about 3/4 of Oreos and set aside the remaining 1/4 Oreos. Mix the melted butter with the crushed Oreos and press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt 1-1/4 cups of regular chocolate chips with the condensed milk in the microwave, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and pour on top of the Oreo crust. Coarsely chop the remaining Oreos, sprinkle on top with about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of walnuts. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until set. Putting the extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the condensed milk filling makes the fudge mixture more solid so they cut easily and make a more solid bar cookie. You have to let these completely cool before cutting, I would suggest putting in the refrigerator for a quick chill. If not cooled all the way, they really make a mess when you cut them into bars. These are always the first on my cookie trays to be devoured and everyone asks for the recipe. Excellent recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; pat into bottom of an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Combine milk and 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Pour over the cookie crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the chips are melted.
- Cool and enjoy!