Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I managed to modify a recipe that I found on here so that it was healthier and lower fat. They still tastes really good, almost the same as the original besides the addition of the oatmeal. A tip with the banana's, they are easier to cook with after they have been frozen. Just stick them straight in the microwave on defrost for a bit then cut off the top (don't peel them) and squeeze out the pulp. It's practically premashed.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 3 cups mashed bananas (nice and ripe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (I usually use around 2 cups of the dark chocolate type)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, make sure to mix well.
- Stir the two separate mixtures together using the "dump" method until just moistened (It will be lumpy).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts if using.
- Fill greased on paper lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min, test before taking out.
Satisfied my picky boys and me! Very tasty and moist and super easy to make. Did not add chocolate chips or nuts. Sprinkled sugar in the raw on top prior to baking muffins. Made about 18 muffins and baked for 20 mins. Will do again soon...they are almost gone.