1/3 Photos of Double Chocolate-Banana Muffins (Healthy)
Doing it Right's Note:
You won't believe your taste buds once you get a piece of this muffin in your mouth. These are so easy to make, and make a large size muffin. These can be frozen also. This recipe is courtesy of Joanna Lund. Each serving is only 186 calories as posted. I have also substituted applesauce for the vegetable oil, and I use egg substitute. In my oven it took closer to 25 minutes. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit and 1 Fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup artificial sweetener (Splenda)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups bananas, mashed (4 ripe medium)
- 1 egg (or equivalent in egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray 8 wells of a 12 hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4In a small bowl, combine bananas, egg, oil/applesauce and sour cream.
- 5Add banana mixture to flour mixture.
- 6Mix gently to combine.
- 7Fold in chocolate chips.
- 8Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- 11Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate-Banana Muffins (Healthy)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: