You won't believe your taste buds once you get a piece of this muffin in your mouth. These are so easy to make, and make a large size muffin. These can be frozen also. This recipe is courtesy of Joanna Lund. Each serving is only 186 calories as posted. I have also substituted applesauce for the vegetable oil, and I use egg substitute. In my oven it took closer to 25 minutes. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit and 1 Fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup artificial sweetener (Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, mashed (4 ripe medium)
- 1 egg (or equivalent in egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8 wells of a 12 hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, egg, oil/applesauce and sour cream.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture.
- Mix gently to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.