Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice twist on banana bread!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Spray bottom of loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and oil at medium speed until mixed. Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir flour, cocoa and baking soda together.
- Add flour mixture into the sugar mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. After removing from the pan cool completely on wire rack.
My husband just LOVES this recipe..It always comes out so delicious and moist. It's a popular recipe in my house!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
I found this recipe in cookingclub.com and Kathryn Kelly of Sargent, TX. She said her husband said this is the only banana bread he wants because it's moist and flavorful. I'm not a chocolate or a banana fan, but I'd have to agree. Thanks for posting this recipe!
I made these into mini muffins and they were spectacular! I cooked them at 350 for about 13 minutes and they came out perfect and banana-chocolatey.