Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Adapted from "125 Best Chocolate Recipes". Delicious chocolate muffins with dried apricots (you can substitute for dried cranberries or cherries) if you wish!). I replaced half of the vegetable oil by light sour cream to lighten them a bit. Makes 12 big muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or put paper liners in 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in chocolate and apricots. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Topping: sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 minutes or until a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool completely.
What great CHOCOLATE muffins! The chopped apricots add a wonderful little fruity burst inside all that chocolate.... YUM! A reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and forgot to sprinkle sugar on the tops, but that really doesn't make any difference. I will make these again and again... Thanks, Redsie!
I used dried apricots. I used 3/4 cup sugar. But if I do them again, I'll reduce to 1/2 cup. Cause with the chocolate, they're very sweet. I omitted the topping. I should have removed them from the oven after 22 minutes. I was not sure if they were baked cause of the chocolate on the toothpick. So I left them 3 minutes more. It was too much. They're a bit dry. It's my fault. They have a great chocolate taste :P Thanks Redsie :) Made for market tag.
These were so moist and chocolately. I used dried cranberries in the mix. Will use this recipe again soon.