adena mangis's Note:
This is my favorite Passover Desert! So yummy and decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/3 cup almond liqueur or 1/3 cup cold brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 eggs
For the Ganache
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Coat a 9 x 2 inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper cut to fit into bottom of pan; coat with nonstick spray.
- 2Bring water and sugar for the torte to a boil in a pan to dissolve sugar; remove from heat. Add butter, 1 bag of chocolate chips, espresso powder, and salt. Let sit 2 minutes, then stir until smooth. Whisk in liqueur and almond extract.
- 3Whisk eggs until whites and yolks are mixed, then whisk into chocolate mixture.
- 4Pour batter into prepared cake pan,and place cake pan inside a roasting pan. Add warm water to roasting pan halfway up the outside of the cake pan. Bake torte until puffed and soft to the touch, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove roasting pan from oven, then remove the cake pan to a cooling rack. Let cool 1 hour.
- 5Run a paring knife around inside of the cake pan; invert onto a platter. Peel off parchment; cool completely or chill until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 6Before serving, heat cream for the ganache in a microwave safe measuring cup in a microwave on high until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips and let sit 2 minutes, then stir until smooth. Cool Ganache 2 to 3 minutes, then spread over top and down the sides of torte. Sprinkle top with almonds. Dip a knife into hot water and wipe dry for each slice. Serve cake with strawberries.
- 7Chill any leftover cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Almond Torte
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: