Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful moist scones.
Make and share this Double Chocolate Almond Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl mix flour, suagr, baking powderand salt until blended.
- Stir in baking chips.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract with the whipping cream.
- Add whipping cream all at once, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pat each half into 6 inch round.
- Cut each into 6 wedges.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons water and stir in 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- Drizzle icing over warm scones.
- Serve warm (they are good cold as well).