Posted to the "Cooking-Dragon" mailing list by Susan. She says, "Critics of vegan cookies beware: this one will have you eating your words… and the cookies!" She also notes, "Unbleached all-purpose flour produces a more decadent cookie with classic taste and texture. You can, however, use whole-wheat pastry flour and still have a cookie that is fantastic (really!)."
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (toasted or not)
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons non-dairy chocolate bars, broken in small chunks (for topping) or 2 -3 tablespoons non-dairy chocolate chips (for topping)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, for topping (toasted or not)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a bowl, sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the almonds, chocolate chips, sugar, and salt, and stir until well combined.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup with the vanilla and almond extracts, then stir in the oil until well combined.
- 4Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir through until just well combined (do not over mix). Place large spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Take 1 or 2 chocolate chunks and a pinch or two of almonds and gently press into each cookie, flattening cookies a little.
- 5Bake for 11 minutes, until just golden (if you bake for much longer, they will dry out). Let cool for no more than 1 minute on the sheet, then remove with a large spatula and transfer to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chocolate Almond Explosion Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy chocolate chips
non-dairy chocolate bars