Recipe by Sharon123
From Kathleen King, who has a great bakery in Long Island, and she made this with Ina on Barefoot Contessa.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar or 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together. Add the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined.
- Add the chocolates and almonds and mix until combined. Using two tablespoons or a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough two inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchment. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets. The cookies should be very soft when they are removed from the oven. They will firm up as they cool.