Recipe by Recipe Book Worm
Modified version of a recipe found on the web. I was trying to recreate a cookie from a local chain called George's. I think I got it pretty close, these are yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by level 1/4-cup-measures onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until set.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.