Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified version of a recipe found on the web. I was trying to recreate a cookie from a local chain called George's. I think I got it pretty close, these are yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by level 1/4-cup-measures onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until set.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.