Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful! The cocoa and chocolate chips perfect this recipe 8)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto (optional)
- 1 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix in the flour mixture in stages. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 2 logs 3 inches wide and about 12-14 inches long.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into 3/4-inch diagonal slices.
- Bake again for 10 minutes each side.
- Cool on a wire racks.