Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it! I'm always looking for ways to add healthy bits to yummy food and chocolate is my go-to for that. If you've never used/tried chia seeds, this is a great way to start! They are full of protein and omega fats and the best part is they double as an egg substitute. To make it all you have to do is combine 1 Tbsp of chia seeds with 9 Tbsp of water, let it sit and watch it gel. Then, I just use it in place of some of my eggs and, voila! This recipe is lower in fat because it doesn't have any oil and I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You could make it even lower by eliminating the chocolate chips. While the chia seeds do have fat, they are the good omegas so, really, you're doing the body good, for sure! Try it - you won't be disappointed!
- I know this sounds crazy but here's how I do it and they turn out every time.
- Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl, including sugar and chocolate chips.
- Add dry into wet (IMPORTANT: this will help it mix much more evenly).
- Fold in just until incorporated.
- Spoon into mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 18 minutes.