Don't knock it 'til you've tried it! I'm always looking for ways to add healthy bits to yummy food and chocolate is my go-to for that. If you've never used/tried chia seeds, this is a great way to start! They are full of protein and omega fats and the best part is they double as an egg substitute. To make it all you have to do is combine 1 Tbsp of chia seeds with 9 Tbsp of water, let it sit and watch it gel. Then, I just use it in place of some of my eggs and, voila! This recipe is lower in fat because it doesn't have any oil and I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You could make it even lower by eliminating the chocolate chips. While the chia seeds do have fat, they are the good omegas so, really, you're doing the body good, for sure! Try it - you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1I know this sounds crazy but here's how I do it and they turn out every time.
- 2Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl.
- 3Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl, including sugar and chocolate chips.
- 4Add dry into wet (IMPORTANT: this will help it mix much more evenly).
- 5Fold in just until incorporated.
- 6Spoon into mini loaf pans.
- 7Bake at 350F for 18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Choco-Chia Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 321.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: