These are so good straight from the oven! However they keep really well in the pantry and can easily be frozen...if they make it for that long! You can substitute milk chocolate chips, even white chocolate, for the dark chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin by lining them with patty cases.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- 4Add the sugar and chocolate chips, mixing well. Create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- 5Combine the egg, sour cream, milk and melted butter into a small bowl and mix well.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients all at once, and stir until the ingredients are just combined (do not over-mix; the batter should still be quite lumpy).
- 7Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 12-15 minutes, or when firm, and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 9Remove from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Choc Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g