Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are so good straight from the oven! However they keep really well in the pantry and can easily be frozen...if they make it for that long! You can substitute milk chocolate chips, even white chocolate, for the dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin by lining them with patty cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and chocolate chips, mixing well. Create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Combine the egg, sour cream, milk and melted butter into a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients all at once, and stir until the ingredients are just combined (do not over-mix; the batter should still be quite lumpy).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or when firm, and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
These were really good! Next time I may add just a touch more sugar (American palates being obsessed with sugar & all!) but the sweetness of the milk chocolate chips really went well with a lesser sweet muffin. Nice texture too! Note to American cooks: Caster sugar is just granulated sugar 90g butter is abound 7 Tbsp (almost a whole stick) Bake at 350 Degrees F. Yum! Thanks for the recipe! Might keep me out of the pastry shop!