1/2 Photos of Double-Choc Delight Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is my husband's favourite chocolate cake. It's a quick and easy one bowl mix. No electric mixer needed. The recipe originally came to me back in the late 1980's via the fax machine when I was working a little country newspaper. It was promotional material by White Wings. Best thing that ever came through on that fax machine. ;o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 (100 g) packet instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g soft butter or 125 g margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 (100 g) packet chocolate chips
- extra chocolate chips or grated chocolate, for decoration
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Grease and flour a 20 x 7cm (8" x 2 3/4") round tin. I usually use a large bundt tin.
- 3Sift flour, instant pudding mix, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl.
- 4Add all remaining cake ingredients except for the chocolate chips and beat with a spoon for 1 minute.
- 5Add chocolate chips and beat for a further 30 seconds or until choc chips are mixed through evenly.
- 6Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer when inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- 7Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5-8 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to further cool.
- 8When cold, spread with Icing over top and sides of cake.
- 9Decorate with extra choc chips or grated chocolate.
- 10To prepare Icing:.
- 11Place butter and hot water into a mixing bowl.
- 12Stir with a wooden spoon until butter has melted.
- 13Add remaining ingredients and beat with spoon until icing is smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Choc Delight Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 376.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g