Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A very crisp, almost "hard" biscotti. Great for dunking!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- Stir together sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and vanilla.
- Add in dark chocolate, white chocolate and pecans.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt and add to batter.
- Stir until well combined. (dough may be stiff, I like to work it a bit with my hands.).
- Form a log and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool log on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile lower oven to 325 degrees.
- When 10 minutes is up, slice log into cookies and place back on cookie sheet leaving space between each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 more minutes.