This big cheesecake is so easy to make and it tastes so good...you won't believe that you baked it...I dare you...try it...you'll like it...
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs (or favourite cookie crumbs)
- 88.74 ml butter or 88.74 ml margarine, melted
- 2 (1190.67 g) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 314.66 ml white sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (plus)
- 2 egg yolks
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rack in lower third of oven.
- Grease a 9" springform pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Press all the crumb mixture onto bottom of springform pan and half way up the sides of the pan-- evenly-- Bake in 350 oven for 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool.
- Drain 1 can of cheeries and set aside.
- Increase heat to 500 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese on medium speed for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and gradually add sugar.
- Next add flour and vanilla mix well.
- Reduce speed again for eggs and egg yolks, beating in one at a time until well combined.
- Add sour cream, then beat batter for 1 minute more.
- Spread drained cheeries over bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Pour cake batter over the cherries.
- Bake cake for 10- 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 200 degrees and bake cake for 1 1/2 hours longer, or until cake sets and center jiggles slightly when shaken.
- (If cake is browning too quickly for your liking cover loosely with foil).
- Turn off the oven, leave cake in oven for 20 minutes longer-- do not open oven door-- Cool cheesecake on rack for 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- Refrigerate, at least 4 hours or better yet overnight.
- Remove side from pan, and put cake on platter, serve with the remaining can of cheeries pour over top of cake and enjoy.