1/3 Photos of Double Cherry Cheesecake
6 hrs 40 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This big cheesecake is so easy to make and it tastes so good...you won't believe that you baked it...I dare you...try it...you'll like it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or favourite cookie crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (plus)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place rack in lower third of oven.
- 3Grease a 9" springform pan.
- 4Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Press all the crumb mixture onto bottom of springform pan and half way up the sides of the pan-- evenly-- Bake in 350 oven for 8- 10 minutes.
- 7Remove crust from oven and allow to cool.
- 8Drain 1 can of cheeries and set aside.
- 9Increase heat to 500 degrees.
- 10Beat cream cheese on medium speed for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- 11Reduce speed and gradually add sugar.
- 12Next add flour and vanilla mix well.
- 13Reduce speed again for eggs and egg yolks, beating in one at a time until well combined.
- 14Add sour cream, then beat batter for 1 minute more.
- 15Spread drained cheeries over bottom of graham cracker crust.
- 16Pour cake batter over the cherries.
- 17Bake cake for 10- 15 minutes.
- 18Lower heat to 200 degrees and bake cake for 1 1/2 hours longer, or until cake sets and center jiggles slightly when shaken.
- 19(If cake is browning too quickly for your liking cover loosely with foil).
- 20Turn off the oven, leave cake in oven for 20 minutes longer-- do not open oven door-- Cool cheesecake on rack for 30 minutes.
- 21Run knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- 22Refrigerate, at least 4 hours or better yet overnight.
- 23Remove side from pan, and put cake on platter, serve with the remaining can of cheeries pour over top of cake and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Cherry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g