Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
These are soooo good, there ought to be a law. If you are on a low carb, low cal, low anything diet, keep moving--this recipe is not for you ;0).
- 5 lbs baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (Grated)
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (Grated)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat 6 large baking potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Remove and when cool enough to handle, slice the potatoes length wise, about 1/3 from the top.
- Scoop the "meat" out of the larger portion leaving 3/8"-1/2" thick wall. Scoop all of the 1/3 section and discard the skin.
- While the potatoes "scoopings" are still hot, add the butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mash until all is incorporated. Season to taste if more salt or pepper is required.
- Fill the scooped out shells with the potato/cheese mixture and pile/mold it up to return the potato to its original shape.
- Place in a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 min at 350. Remove, cover with grated pepper jack cheese and return for another 10-15 min (until cheese is melted).