Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy side dish and if you use fat free or low fat ingredients, it doesn't have to destroy your diet yet it still tastes good!. I call it damage control!
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese (I use fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Butter an 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Beat together in a large bowl, the eggs, salt and pepper.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until blended.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake until center is firm and top is beginning to brown, about 45 minutes.
Nice spinach dish . A little eggy for me , more like a quiche . I will make this again , DH LOVED it ! He made sure I saved the lefovers cause he wanted it for the next day !!
My mom is new to the diabetic diet and I was trying to help her out by fixing food that she can eat. Im not much of a cook, but I made this casserole and it was very tasty. She was so excited to have something that was delicious and not bad for her. You should try it!