It is really snowing outside today (11/10/06)! First snow if the season and I feel like soup! Beer or non-alcoholic beer could be used instead of milk.
- Over medium heat, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat butter until melted.
- Stir in onion and celery, cover.
- Cook 3 minutes or until transparent stirring often to prevent browning.
- Stir in flour to thicken cooking until it bubbles.
- Slowly stir in warm milk, mixing until thickened and smooth.
- Bring to a simmer (do not boil) and continue stirring. Reduce to very low heat and add Wisconsin Cheddar and Wisconsin Gouda cheeses, white pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add ham and chives.