Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The nachos that you would expect to have in a restaurant, Crunchy, Cheesy and Delicious!! With lots of spice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (300 g) bag tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced and seeded
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook ground beef with minced onion, green peppers and garlic for 15 mins and break up meat into chunks.
- Add Cumin, chili powder and salt.
- On a baking dish put a layer of tortilla chips, then some beef mixture, then the cheese; repeat once.
- Add the sliced Jalapeno pepper rounds.
- Bake in 350 oven set on broil for 5 mins or until cheese melts.
- Take out of oven and add chopped tomatoes. Enjoy!
We enjoyed these nachos today while watching the football games. We love black olives so I added a small jar to the recipe. Easy to make and just right for game day :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.