Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 1⁄3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small egg
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute chopped onion for three minutes over medium-high heat.
- Combine onion, 4 teaspoons of the ketchup, 1 teaspoon of the mustard, Mozzarella, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, oregano, pepper and the egg in a large bowl.
- Crumble ground meat over the mixture and blend well using your hands.
- Pack mixture into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ketchup and mustard and spread over the top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Let meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This was really easy to make and very yummy! My husband and I have bad meatloaf memories from childhood, so I was trying to find one we would like- here it is! Thanks!!!