Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My brother’s favorite dish when he was a kid. From the 1971 Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library.
- 4 ounces uncooked medium noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomatoes
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles as directed on package, and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir meat, onion and celery until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and salt, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, and simmer one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and noodles.
- Pour into ungreased 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Slice tomato, arrange on top.
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes.
I used to make this recipe for my family years ago. It was a favorite of the kids and my husband. I lost the recipe cards and am so glad to have found this again. My children have asked for this recipe for their families. So, it goes on to the next generation.