Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
A little something to go with soup or as an in between meal snack. I want to try these with another combination of cheeses.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, red pepper, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in cheddar cheese and butter until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture.
- Gently toss with a fork and push to side of bowl.
- Repeat until all of the flour mixture is moistened.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface flatten dough with your hands.
- Roll out dough from center to edges forming a 10-inch square.
- Brush with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut dough into 5x1/2-inch strips. Place the strips 1/2 inch apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.