Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Using purchased pizza dough to make one large calzone saves lots of time. lighten up: For a lower-calorie, lower-fat calzone, use part-skim mozzarella. From Epicurious.com
- Position rack in middle of oven; preheat to 425°F
- Toss first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Unroll dough into rectangle on rimmed baking sheet.
- Mound filling crosswise on lower half of dough, leaving 1-inch border on sides. Fold upper half of dough over.
- Crimp edges to seal; fold corners under to form half-circle.
- Bake until puffed and brown, about 18 minutes.
- Brush with oil. Transfer to platter and cut into 4 pieces.
I make this recipe all the time. It is great and easy.