Recipe by The Range Rover
This simple to make and great for barbecues.
Top Review by anne in apex
I added this to the menu for our Father's Day BBQ. I only made a single batch at first, but everyone liked it so much I ended up using almost a whole loaf of bread! DH didn't understand my instructions, and instead of putting the bread directly on the grill rack, he left it on the pan and put the whole thing on the grill. It didn't get quite as toasty, but the cheese and herbs was a great combination. I'll be making this again.
- 4 slices Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 inch dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby or 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded havarti cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Spray both sides of each bread slice with cooking spray. Sprinkle one side with basil, oregano and garlic powder; top with cheese.
- Cover and grill bread 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.