Recipe by Kat's Mom
We love green beans and cheddar cheese! A good twist on an old favorite. Found on www.frenchsfoods.com. Using the French's Cheddar French Fried Onions makes a big difference. This is just as good with the regular Cream of Mushroom soup. NOTE: To make cleanup easier I greased the casserole dish first.
Top Review by Krista Smith
I made this for Thanksgiving this year and used fresh green beans instead of canned or frozen. I didn't cook them long enough so they were a bit crisp but this was still a yummy recipe. A nice change from the standard casserole.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans (drained) or 4 cups green beans (cut-style, cooked)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's cheddar french fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1 1/2-quart baking dish, combine soup, milk and 1 cup cheese; stir until well blended.
- Add beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions; mix gently to combine.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir and sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.