Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Southern Living 2000 Annual. I prepared this several time after that publication, then forgot about it. It Comes together quickly and tastes like you spent the day. The frozen scalloped potatoes must thaw in frig overnight.
- 40 ounces frozen potatoes au gratin
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Thaw scalloped potatoes in frig overnight.
- Stir together potatoes and next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon into lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- May be covered and chilled if desired.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until deep golden brown.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
I made this for DD as she was at home resting today after spending yesterday in hospital with concussion. She was wanting comfort food and these cheesey potatoes were perfect. I omitted the breadcrumbs and just topped with more cheese. She adored this dish.
Excellent, excellent. Great cheesy potatoes!!!! The onions and worcestershire sauce gave these potatoes the perfect blend that really enhanced them. I didn't realize I was out of the breadcrumbs but it certainly did not hurt the flavor at all. Thanks for a delicious dish that I can't wait to make again. Thanks so much for sharing, NurseJaney.
Great comfort food. This is not for those who watch their waist line :D I felt that it needed a little salt, or maybe its just a preference.