Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The secret ingredient is baby food! This is an '80's recipe from the US greeting card company, Current, Inc. It's a permanent part of my "best recipes" collection.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) jarsjunior baby food carrots
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour (2) 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2" loaf pans; set aside.
- (optionally use 4 mini-loaf pans) In a small bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in nuts; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs.
- Blend in baby food carrots, shredded carrots and oil.
- Stir in flour-nut mixture until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
I made this according to the recipe and it was very good! I kept one loaf and gave the other to a friend. Her family liked it too. Thanks!
This is one of my favorite recipies. I was going to post it, but it's already here:) I'v added rasins or drained, crushed pineapple, and sometimes nutmeg or allspice. And my version didn't have the raw carrots. It's a great recipie and not just for the holidays. Oh, and sweet potatoes work just like carrots, too. (one time the store was out of carrots)