Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw red cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raw spinach leaves, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free vinaigrette-style dressing
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- pepper, Freshly ground
- Trim all leaves well from vegetables and remove coarse veins and stems before shredding.
- Toss all vegetables in a very large salad bowl.
- Mix dressing with seeds, mustard, and pepper very well and pour over vegetables.
- Serve as a side dish.
I was looking for something to make with some red cabbage and spinach and was so glad I made this delicious salad which used things I almost always have one hand. This time I used the poppy seeds but next time I will be using celery seeds. Thanks for sharing this keeper salad!