4 hrs 9 mins
you will need about 1 cup of finely chopped butterscotch candy for this..I usually put candy in heavy plastic bag and smash candy with a meat mallet...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces English toffee bits
- 1 cup hard butterscotch candy, finely chop
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1in large bowl, cream butter, crisco, brown sugar till light and fluffy -- 2-3 minutes --
- 2add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3beat in vanilla --
- 4combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- 5gradually add to the creamed mixture.mix well.
- 6stir in toffee pieces and finely chopped butterscotch candy and pecans, if using --
- 7shape into 3 14" rolls.wrap each in plastic wrap -- refrigerate 4 hours.
- 8unwrap and cut in 1/2" slices.
- 9place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets --
- 10bake at 375* for 9-11 minutes.do not overbake --
- 11cool 1-2 minutes before removing to rack to cool --
- 12if choosing not to bake all the cookies at once -- double wrap and label and freeze cookies up to 2 months -- .
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Butterscotch Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1374.9
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 1153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 146.0 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: