Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 9 mins
you will need about 1 cup of finely chopped butterscotch candy for this..I usually put candy in heavy plastic bag and smash candy with a meat mallet...
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces English toffee bits
- 1 cup hard butterscotch candy, finely chop
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- in large bowl, cream butter, crisco, brown sugar till light and fluffy -- 2-3 minutes --
- add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- beat in vanilla --
- combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- gradually add to the creamed mixture.mix well.
- stir in toffee pieces and finely chopped butterscotch candy and pecans, if using --
- shape into 3 14" rolls.wrap each in plastic wrap -- refrigerate 4 hours.
- unwrap and cut in 1/2" slices.
- place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets --
- bake at 375* for 9-11 minutes.do not overbake --
- cool 1-2 minutes before removing to rack to cool --
- if choosing not to bake all the cookies at once -- double wrap and label and freeze cookies up to 2 months -- .
I loved this recipe, only I did not add the butterscotch candy and I added 6 cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of baking soda as the recipe left out these 2 ingredients.