Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oat AND wheat bran, no processed cereal! From The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan.
Make and share this Double Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk (or lowfat milk)
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (or 2 egg whites, beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans, raisins, or chopped dried fruit or a combination) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the brans and brown sugar in a medium bowl and mix well, pressing out any lumps of sugar with the back of a spoon. Add the baking powder and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients (milk though oil) And stir well, then add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix well.
- Fold in optional nuts and/or fruit.
- Divide the mixture among 12 muffin cups which have been coated with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove pan from oven, let it rest 5 minutes before removing muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.