Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy bran muffins from the Totally Muffins Cookbook.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup prune, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Combine bran cereal, oat bran, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs. Beat in buttermilk, honey and oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir just enough to blend. Fold in prunes (if using).
- Pour into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes (or until tops spring back when lightly pressed).
These muffins are just amazingly fantastic! I omitted the prunes and substituted the all-bran ceral with baked muesli with dried fruits(Morning Sun) and they still tasted great! And they are every healthy too, with no sugar added but only honey, which gives the muffins a sensational smell and very subtle taste. Definitely will make these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!