Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy but different soup. It is a variation of one from my childhood.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons breadcrumbs, toasted
- 10 tablespoons parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set bottom of boiler with water to boil.
- Beat eggs and half of the cheese in a bowl.
- Pour broth into top of boiler and set over high heat. When at a boil, lower to medium-high heat.
- Pour in the breadcrumbs, all at once. Bring back to slow boil while stirring all the time. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until broth becomes thicker.
- Remove from heat and place top over bottom half with the boling water.
- Lower the heat just to maintain a rolling boil.
- Pour eggs and cheese mixture into broth slowly, while lightly beating with wooded spoon. Keep beating until well blended.
- Serve remaining cheese on the side.