1/1 Photo of Double Blueberry Cookie Pie
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This blueberry pie uses prepared sugar cookie dough for its crust and decorative stars topping. It's perfect for a Fourth of July gathering. Feel free to use whatever shape you want for the cookie cutouts though. Originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle in June of 2001.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9 inch pie pan and a small cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 3Combine cookie dough and flour in a small bowl.
- 4Remove about a quarter of this mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for later use.
- 5With floured hands, press unrefrigerated cookie dough onto bottom and sides of prepared pie pan.
- 6Set in freezer to firm, about 15 minutes.
- 7On a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out refrigerated cookie dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- 8With a floured cookie cutter, cut out stars or other shapes.
- 9Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- 10Bake pie crust until golden, about 11 minutes, and stars for about 6 minutes; cool on wire racks.
- 11In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup blueberries,sugar,cornstarch, and salt.
- 12Stir in 2/3 cup water and the lemon juice.
- 13Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 14Stirring constantly and crushing blueberries, boil until mixture thickens; stir in remaining blueberries and chill.
- 15Spoon chilled blueberry mixture into cooled pie shell.
- 16Decorate with star-shaped cookies and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Blueberry Cookie Pie
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 318.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g