Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
I'm not big on blackberries but since everyone else likes them I had to try this recipe out of an old TOH magazine. This is super good and could probably be easily adapted to any berry by changing the jello.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjello blackberry gelatin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blackberries, crushed (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, Jell-O, oil and milk. Mix until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in blackberries, coconut, and pecans.
- Pour into 3 grased 9" round baking pans and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- For icing, cream butter.
- Add sugar and milk until reaches desired consistency.
- Stir in blackberries, coconut and pecans.
- Frost between layers, the top and sides of completely cooled cake.