Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmm Berry Pancakes!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml rinsed fresh blueberries
- 236.59 ml rinsed fresh raspberry
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, buttermilk and butter until well blended, then stir this into the flour mixture.
- In another large bowl beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, then fold into batter gently with a rubber spatula until it's worked inches
- Cook pancakes on a griddle that has been preheated on medium heat.
- Use about 1/3 cup of batter for each one.
- As soon as you pour the batter onto griddle, arrange 1 tablespoon each of the blueberries and raspberries on the top of the pancake.
- Cook until the pancake has bubbled over the surface, then carefully flip.
- Cook until the other side is lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup.
I used instant pancake mix as a shortcut and liked the results. Dropping a few (4 blueberries and 1/2 raspberry) berries on top AFTER I poured the mix onto the griddle was a good tip. It kept the berries for leaking all over and sticking to the pan.
This made a delightful and filling supper tonight. I often do breakfast for supper and this fit the bill nicely. I love the addition of the berries. I used red and black. :-) Made for ZaarStars.
With berries in season I made this for our breakfast while having company, and they were enjoyed so much!