Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Mmmm Berry Pancakes!
Top Review by Chickermunker
I used instant pancake mix as a shortcut and liked the results. Dropping a few (4 blueberries and 1/2 raspberry) berries on top AFTER I poured the mix onto the griddle was a good tip. It kept the berries for leaking all over and sticking to the pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup rinsed fresh blueberries
- 1 cup rinsed fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, buttermilk and butter until well blended, then stir this into the flour mixture.
- In another large bowl beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, then fold into batter gently with a rubber spatula until it's worked inches
- Cook pancakes on a griddle that has been preheated on medium heat.
- Use about 1/3 cup of batter for each one.
- As soon as you pour the batter onto griddle, arrange 1 tablespoon each of the blueberries and raspberries on the top of the pancake.
- Cook until the pancake has bubbled over the surface, then carefully flip.
- Cook until the other side is lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup.