Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmm Berry Pancakes!
Make and share this Double-Berry Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, buttermilk and butter until well blended, then stir this into the flour mixture.
- In another large bowl beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form, then fold into batter gently with a rubber spatula until it's worked inches
- Cook pancakes on a griddle that has been preheated on medium heat.
- Use about 1/3 cup of batter for each one.
- As soon as you pour the batter onto griddle, arrange 1 tablespoon each of the blueberries and raspberries on the top of the pancake.
- Cook until the pancake has bubbled over the surface, then carefully flip.
- Cook until the other side is lightly browned.
- Serve with syrup.
This made a delightful and filling supper tonight. I often do breakfast for supper and this fit the bill nicely. I love the addition of the berries. I used red and black. :-) Made for ZaarStars.
With berries in season I made this for our breakfast while having company, and they were enjoyed so much!
What light, fluffy and delightful pancakes! I used chopped strawberries instead of raspberries, otherwise made as specified. The extra step of whipping the egg whites was worth it as the result was airy and delicious pancakes. Thanks for posting this recipe!