Recipe by Potagekempcc
Double Berry Buttermilk Pancakes have Fresh Blueberries, Blackberries and are marinated in Grand Marnier to infuse a wonderful flavor.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (Liqueur)
- 2 navel oranges (Cut in Segments)
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons polenta
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 large egg (Brown)
- 1 cup low-fat cultured buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fresh berries in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon Grand Mariner, toss and let stand 5 minutes. Puree 1/2 cup mixed berries and place in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk together pastry flour, polenta, fine sugar, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and ground cardamon.
- In a medium bowl wisk in egg, buttermilk, corn oil and remaining Grand Mariner Liqueur.
- Fold liquid ingredients and berry puree into dry ingredients all at once and stir batter well.
- Heat a large heavy bottom pan and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup pancake batter and cook 1-2 minutes. Insert a few berries into the pancake batter and turn pancake over. Cook until pancake is golden brown. Cook 2 pancakes per serving and place on a warm plate.
- Garnish plates with Fresh Navel Oranges segments and drizzle warm Pure Maple Syrup.