Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Betty Crocker's diabetes cookbook. Food exchang 1 starch' 1 fruit, 1/2 fat and 2 carbohydrate chocies. You can use splenda and whole wheat flour if you want.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat milk, applesauce, oil, vanilla, and egg in large bowl with wire whisk.
- Stir in flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt all at once until flour is just moistened.
- Fold in raspberries and blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over tops of muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan to wire rack.