Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Diabetic Living.
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- Partially thaw frozen strawberries, if using. Mash strawberries slightly to break up; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just starts to boil. Remove from heat. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot mixture into beaten eggs; return all to saucepan. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175°F and mixture coats the back of a clean metal spoon. Do not boil. Stir in strawberries, raspberries, and orange juice concentrate. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. (Mixture will be very thick after chilling.).
- Transfer the mixture to a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.