Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In ‘Tate’s Bakeshop Cookbook’ by Kathleen King
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blackberry, cut them in half if they are large
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease twelve 3 x 1 ½ inch muffin cups.
- Topping—in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, pecans, butter, and orange zest.
- Mix it together until it is crumbly; set aside.
- Batter—in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk, butter, and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and fold them inches.
- Fold in the berries and spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean and the top is golden brown.